Petzl Newton MEWP Kit
- Simple, lightweight design
- Simple and easy to use
- Fall indicator
- Pre-assembled with connectors and positioning bars
- Absorbs energy in the event of a fall
- Minimal bulk
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end
- Freestanding bag
- Excellent durability for intensive use
- Certifications: CE EN 361, ANSI Z359.11, CSA Z259.10, EAC, CE EN 355 when used with EN 362, ANSI Z359.13
Petzl Newton MEWP Kit
The Petzl NEWTON MEWP Kit provides a ready-to-use ANSI compliant fall protection solution for workers using a mobile elevating work platform (MEWP), such as a boom lift, scissor lift, or bucket truck. It contains a NEWTON fall arrest harness (size 1 or 2), a pre-assembled ABSORBICA-I 150 fall arrest lanyard with two Bm’D connectors and two CAPTIV positioning bars, and a red BUCKET 15 bag. Installation is quick and easy; simply attach the carabiner on the shock-absorber end to the fall arrest attachment point on the NEWTON harness, and the carabiner on the other end to the approved fall arrest anchor point in the MEWP.
- The Petzl NEWTON is a lightweight, ergonomic fall arrest harness that is easy to don, thanks to its color-coded straps. It features two dorsal attachment points and one sternal attachment point, and meets the ANSI Z359.11 standard and OSHA regulations.
- ABSORBICA-I 150 (Assembled)
- The ABSORBICA-I 150 lanyard comes pre-assembled with two Bm’D ANSI Z359.12 compliant connectors and two CAPTIV positioning bars, allowing it to meet the ANSI Z359.13 standard with no manual assembly required. The lanyard features an elasticized arm and an integrated compact energy absorber, which provides energy absorption in case of a fall and limits the arresting force on the worker, in accordance with the ANSI standard.
- BUCKET 15
- Storing and transporting the kit is made easy, thanks to the BUCKET 15 bag. Made with high-strength TPU tarp material, the BUCKET 15 is resistant to UV exposure, water, oil, grease, and high and low temperatures. It also features an external zippered pocket for personal items and a marking area on the outside for quick identification.
- Simple, lightweight design:
- Anatomical design is close-fitting yet allows optimal freedom of movement
- Textile sternal attachment point, lightweight and abrasion resistant
- Anodized aluminum dorsal attachment point for great durability
- Textile dorsal attachment point for attaching a self-retracting fall-arrest system
- Simple and easy to use:
- Color-coded straps (yellow/black) provide rapid identification of the upper andlower parts of the harness before donning
- FAST LT PLUS sternal automatic buckle allows the harness to be fastened and unfastened quickly and easily, without loss of adjustment, even with gloves. The buckle’s unlocking system limits the risk of accidental unfastening
- Shoulder straps and leg loops equipped with self-locking DOUBLEBACK buckles for quick and easy adjustment
- Two equipment loops and two slots for TOOLBAG tool pouch, for easy tool access
- Fall indicator:
- The NEWTON features a fall indicator: a red strap appears after a fall on the sternal or dorsal attachment point to indicate that the harness should be retired
- Certifications: CE EN 361, ANSI Z359.11, CSA Z259.10, EAC